It feels like forever since I have posted! We have had some drama. Our house seems to be auditioning for the starring role in the sequel to The Money Pit. Pipes broke, washing machines refused to work, air conditioning units leaked, and floors were replaced. Mr. Hoke would be great in the role played by Tom Hanks, but I am hoping he doesn't get any more practice.
We had the joy of spending some weeknights with both my parents and my inlwas. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and my inlaws...but there is just something to be said for waking up in your own bed - especially during the work week! LOL! For now, we seem to have the home issues under control, and for that I am thankful! We are hoping it stays that way.
School has been just as busy. I have been preparing for our literacy night for a few weeks. We will host Pop on in for Literacy night at my school tomorrow. It was funded by a donation by my uncle and I think we are finally ready. Students will rotate through three literacy stations that they selected, pick a free book to take home, and finish the night off with a bag of popcorn! I am praying that the night goes off without a hitch! We are also hoping to get some good press for the event. Good press for public schools has been few and far between in our state lately.
I hope to post some pictures from the event this week. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment