Saturday, December 25, 2010

A truly amazing gift, a truly amazing responsibility...

Wow! For Christmas, my uncle wrote me a personal check for $1000. His wish is that I use it at my school and use it in the name of my grandparents -both of whom are deceased. I am so grateful for this donation and I feel an amazing responsibility to do some good with it.

My husband and I have been brainstorming ideas and here is what we think is the best: use the money to give every kid in the school (k-1) a book to take home for summer. We would have an assembly, mention my grandparents, read a favorite book of theirs, and then give each child a book to take home. I think we could probably get some companies to sell us books pretty cheaply, and since my school isn't too big maybe we could do it again next year....I am just so excited right now. I was not expecting this AT ALL. I can't wait to get started!

1 comment: