Thursday, February 3, 2011

100th Day of School


Well, last week we celebrated the 100th day of school. It hardly seems possible that we have already had 100 days (today is actually 103)!

After cracking up at the kindergarten teachers all dressed up like they were 100 years old, we got down to business.

We wrote about what we would do with 100 dollars. Wow! They had some great ideas. I hate that I sent the work home without taking pictures, but I did have two favorites.

1) "If I had $100.00 I would pay someone to do whatever I say." Oh MY!
2) "If I had $100.00 I would give clothes and stuff to the fire department.

Next, we drew a picture of what we would look like at 100. I am seriously kicking myself for not taking pictures, because the wheelchairs that my kiddos dreamed up were incredible!

I had each student bring in 100 of something for show and tell. One boy brought in 100 fire hats (dad is a fireman), a girl brought 100 empty toilet paper rolls (I have been requesting them for an upcoming activity), and one boy created that amazing lego sculpture above!

We finished up the day by writing 100 words to earn a gold medal and making 100s day trail mix.

It was such a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment