Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meet the Teacher




Hi, I'm Erin. I just started blogging in December. I was so impressed with everything that I found on the blogs that I was following that I just had to try it myself.

I have been teaching for almost 8 years. I taught middle school social studies for the first 5, then was blessed with the transfer to first that I had been requesting for THREE YEARS! Don't get me wrong, middle schoolers are great.....I'm just MUCH better suited to the little kiddos!

This past summer I married my best friend. I really mean it. We actually were best friends for 5 years...then it just kinda clicked...ummm...Why aren't we dating? So, we decided to go out on a few dates and the rest is history.

My husband is also a teacher. He teaches high school U.S. history. We met at a staff meeting for the social studies department. NERD ALERT! Seriously though, I am so glad that he is a part of my life.

We also have an amazing dog, Truman. He is a retired racer (he retired quickly...something about running the wrong direction in a race). He is just about the laziest thing I have every met. He is also neurotic. His list of fears includes: fireworks, storms, wind, sleet, rain, the local football teams cannon, and CATS! Yes, I did dress him up like a turtle for Halloween. It made me laugh - A LOT!


Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?

A: A librarian. This is my dream job. I really wanted to get my masters in library science, but in my state there just aren't jobs available for that anymore.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Reading, ballroom dancing, and blogstalking.

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. Although, every two years when the Olympics would cycle through I just KNEW I would be a gold medalist in gymnastics or figure skating.

Q: What are your guilty pleasures?
A: DIET COKE, Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, and trashy romance novels!

Q: What is your biggest fear?!
A: WIND! When we get our next house, it WILL have a basement. I am terrified of wind! We see (and HEAR) way too much of it in the mid-west.

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?
A: Anywhere warm. I love the beach, but I also like lakes too.

Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
A: Work smarter, not harder. I try to be really organized.

Q: What do you value most in others?
A: Honesty, and work-ethic.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?
A: My passion. When I want to do something, I work really hard at it until it is done. I never half-way do anything that I care about.

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?
A: My grandmother. She died when I was still in middle school. I would love to talk to her as an adult.

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:

I used to be a competitive ballroom dancer in college. I loved it and I worked really hard at it. At one point, my partner and I placed 6th in an international competition. It was totally awesome! It is also fun to see people we took lessons from at dance conventions on Dancing with the Stars. I swear, I turn into a giddy 12 year old and point at the screen. By now, my husband is just like, "I know, I know...you took lessons from them!"

6 comments:

  1. I so understand the dog- mine is like that too. During our blizzard yesterday, he was outside with my husband and the darn dog started barking at the wind! lol

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm visiting from The First Grade Parade. I also married a teacher. We met at inservice and started dating that fall. We were married in less than a year. We still work at the school where we met. I just started blogging less than a year ago. It's hard to remember life before blogging. It's been neat to meet so many interesting people. Nice to meet you :) I'm now following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, your comment about the dog running in the wrong direction had me rolling! That is too precious!
    Also, that's so cool that you are a ballroom dancer! I think that would be really neat. I'm pretty sure I don't have the coordination for that AT ALL!!!!
    :)
    I just started blogging recently too. Love it!

    http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you all. I believe I am now following all of your blogs too! I don't post as often as I'd like, but I'm working on that... :)

    ReplyDelete