Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mend the Broken Hearts





I can't claim this idea 100%. It actually came from my wonderful mother. She is a speech and language pathologist for a nearby school corp.

The idea is that the bulletin board is interactive. Each week you can change the task. This week, we are doing rhyming review. For next week, I already have tens and ones matching pre-made. This bulletin board can be guided or independent. I usually have small groups work on it during our Dialy 5 Work with Words time. I sometimes use recording sheets for students to keep track of their matches. I don't have those here at home, but will try to post them sometime this week.

Stay tuned. I also have an interactive St. Patrick's Day bulletin board for March. "Find the Pot of Gold".

In other news, I am so stinkin' excited to show you all what we have been working on for the Valentine Exchange set up by Mrs. Perry over at Primary Perspective. I want to keep our actual valentines a secret for now - just in case any teachers who follow this blog are going to be receiving one. My kids want it to be a surprise. We have an amazing art teacher who came up with an incredible design for our cupcake valentines. Sometime next week I hope to post some pictures of our valentines, our U.S. / Canada map that shows where we received valentines from, and other Valentine's Day festivities!

1 comment:

  1. i love this idea and my students will too! i esp. love that it is a valentine activity!

    btw, i am a first grade teacher and a newlywed too! :)

    ReplyDelete